PENSON are seeking a Mandarin speaking Junior Interior Designer
JOB TITLE: Junior Interior Designer (Mandarin Speaking)
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SECTORS: Hospitality, Workplace, Retail, Aviation, Residential, with new ventures in other sectors.
LOCATION: London (SE1) & working from home
SALARY: dependent on experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1+ year professional experience
Globally renowned Architects and Interior designers PENSON are seeking applications for a full-time Mandarin speaking Junior Interior Designer to help deliver highly creative projects for some of the world’s most notable brands and personalities.
Headquartered in London, PENSON is a global award-winning studio who don’t conform to the norm. We take ideas, shake them up and create something totally different. We are full of flavour, tongue-in-cheek, and we push the boundaries of design and creativity. Our high-profile international projects span Hospitality, Workplace, Retail, Aviation and Residential – as well as new brand creation.
The successful applicant will be working on our growing portfolio of Asian projects in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to see your work come to life and work on some amazing new international projects.
Our Junior Interior Design positions provide a unique hands-on experience of integral Interior Design approaches. This role is ideal for a designer who wants to drive their career and develop their skills set. You’ll follow projects from start to finish while being mentored by our senior designers. You will be eager to learn, have the ambition to grow, and want to take on more responsibility.
PENSON’s people have a huge amount of creative flair and represent the best of the industry’s talent. We require a candidate to help drive the continued evolution of the PENSON brand while pioneering our famous game-changing design. Are you someone energetic who brings innovative new ideas to the table? If so, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• you’ll be working alongside our design teams while gaining increased exposure to a wide range of design experiences and practices within our portfolio of integrated disciplines: architecture, interiors, design, master planning and consulting
• you’ll represent PENSON, with guidance, to clients and consultants in both verbal and written English & Mandarin
• you’ll assist in a variety of tasks, big or small, e.g. working on and creating concept presentations; brainstorming; sourcing materials, FF&E and imagery; drawing tender packs
• you’ll support across the administrative aspects of a project e.g. managing incoming and outgoing drawings; collaborating directly with team members; communicating with clients; filing; sourcing new suppliers attending site visits with senior team members when needed; taking notes; assisting with any FF&E or styling queries during the final visits
• professional degree in interior design or architecture
• one year minimum relevant experience of working in commercial environments
• excellent communication skills and a high level of verbal and written English and Mandarin
• exemplary designer with excellent creative skills, an eye for detail and a complete passion for all things design
• experience in creating design presentations and communicating creative ideas
• understanding of design processes
• highly organised and can complete tasks with a high level of accuracy
• can work both independently and as part of a team
• ability to manage your time effectively and can work on several projects/tasks simultaneously
• proficient with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office. Revit experience is a strong advantage
The successful candidate will be working from home as well as based in our cosmopolitan London studio in a rewarding environment. We are a non-hierarchical, collaborative, multi-disciplinary practice with the culture of a small friendly business.
Applicants need to have a settlement status in place. Please note any applications via recruitment consultancies will not be considered.
Please send applications asap with a CV and a short but high-quality portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add in the email subject header the position you are applying for. Applications are for immediate start.